You could almost be forgiven for wondering if we had even had a summer this year but the seasons continue to roll on and autumn is drawing nearer.
Our last event of the summer, Kington Show is on 12th September this year. E & J Solutions will once again be there, partnered with Field Options. We are focussing on the importance of good soil in the production of crops and livestock this year after the success of last year’s drive on analysis. We hope to see many of you there for tea and home-made cake!
E & J Solutions will be sharing a stand with Field Options Ltd at the NSA Welsh Sheep event on 19th May.
This year’s event is being held at Glanmeheli and Drefor Farms, Kerry, Near Newtown by kind permission of Geraint and Moreton Powell.
For more information, visit the NSA website. Hope to see you there!
After the success of last year’s event, Herefordshire Rural Hub are organinsing another Rural Business Advice Day on Wednesday 26th November 2014, 12.00noon to 7.30pm at the Three Counties Hotel (Belmont Road, Hereford, HR2 7BP). Entry is FREE – drop in any time between 12noon and 7.30pm
Lots of advice & information for farming and rural businesses, including
- Specialist software for Farm Businesses
- Business Management, Planning & Start Up
- Grants & Funding opportunities
- Business, Financial & Legal Matters for land based industries
- Environmental Stewardship Schemes
- Wildlife & Environmental Advice
- Training opportunities, including funded training for small businesses
- Computing / Broadband
- Computer courses in your area to help your business grow
- Apprenticeship schemes for land based industries
- Renewable Energy options for businesses and communities
- Cross Compliance
- Cattle & Sheep Identification & Records
- Farm and Rural Security
- Mud on the road, and Footpaths issues
- Advice on Management, Restoration & Grants for Ancient Woodlands
- Find out how you stand for CAP Greening and Ecological Focus Areas
- 1.00pm – Going into 2015 – Cross Compliance Update – Farming Advice Service
- 2.00pm – Renewable Energy Systems & Community Projects – Harrison Clark Rickerbys and Caplor Energy
- 3.00pm – Update on CAP Reform, Basic Payment Scheme Registration & the CAP Information Service – RPA
- 4.00pm – Rural Crime Prevention & the “Stop That Thief” Campaign – West Mercia Police and NFU
- 5.00pm – “Get down & dirty with your soil” – Wye & Usk Foundation and E & J Solutions – Managing Soils & Natural Resources to improve the sustainability & profitability of your farm
- 6.00pm – How the FSB can help your rural business – Federation of Small Businesses (Herefordshire)
- Soil Protection Reviews
- NVZ Records
NRoSO and BASIS points available
The following organisations and businesses who will be attending the RBA day to offer advice and information (in no particular order) :-
Farming Advice Service
Wyvern Training Services
The Wye & Usk Foundation
Institute of Agricultural Secretaries & Administrators (Herefordshire)
Farm Community Network (Herefordshire)
National Farmers Union (Herefordshire)
Cross Compliance Solutions Ltd
Lanyon Bowdler Solicitors
Shearwell Data Ltd
The Hutchinson Partnership
Farmplan Computer Systems
West Mercia Police
Federation of Small Businesses (Herefordshire)
Women in Rural Enterprise (Herefordshire WiRE)
Catchment Sensitive Farming
Fastershire (Herefordshire Council)
Economic Development Team (Herefordshire Council)
Redundant Buildings Grants (Herefordshire Council)
Harrison Clark Rickerbys Ltd
Countrywide Training (7Y)
PJE Driver Training & Consultancy Services Ltd
E & J Solutions Ltd
Campaign for the Farmed Environment
Animal Health Trading Standards (Herefordshire Council)
Robin Turney Ltd
Herefordshire & Ludlow College
Country Land & Business Association
The Bulmer Foundation
Balfour Beatty – Herefordshire Public Realm Partnership
Energy Solutions Malvern
Woodland Trust (Ancient Woodlands Restoration Project)
For further information, contact: Frances Keogh, Herefordshire Rural Hub Administrator
Tel: 01432 870024
It’s nearly time for the 2014 Kington Show!
We’re gearing up for this year’s show, working alongside Field Options to offer the best advice. We’re looking forward to seeing you there!
With 1 month to go to the 2014 Kington Show, E & J Solutions are proud to say that we’ll be there again this year. Find us alongside Field Options and join us for a chat and light refreshments.
E & J Solutions are proud to be supporting the Wye & Usk Foundation’s Grassland Day this year.
Held at Tan House in Abbey Dore, Herefordshire on 11th July, the day will cover a host of different topics including:
- water provision
- sward improvement
- nutrient use
- pesticide use
E & J Solutions will have a stand at the event and John will also be giving a talk.
To find out more and book your place, please contact Herefordshire Rural Hub on 01432 870 033.
E & J Solutions Ltd are going to the RWAS Welsh Grassland 2014 event at Llanbadarn Fynydd on Thursday!
We’ll be alongside national seed merchants, Field Options and showing some of the latest drills and other machinery.
So to find out how we can help you get the most from your farm, come and see us!
E & J Solutions is proud to be taking part in this year’s Herefordshire Rural Business Advice Day, hosted by the local Rural Hub.
E & J Solutions Ltd is going to have a tradestand at the 2013 Kington Agricultural Show at The Ovals, Kington, HR5 3LN on Saturday, 14th September.
E & J Solutions will be demonstrating the benefits of sub-soiling and be located close to Field Options Ltd. Join us for a chat and some light refreshments!