E & J Solutions works to develop on-farm AD plants and we well understand that farmers face many issues when looking at such developments. We agree with WRAP that the main barriers to developing anaerobic digestion (AD) on farms are:
- access to finance
- availability of reference sites for technologies and case studies.
- demonstration of the benefits of AD.
- the potential high cost of technology
To address these barriers and encourage the uptake of small scale on-farm AD in the UK, WRAP has developed a programme to help farms access finance, provide case studies and demonstration information and provide support for farmers who want to use AD on their farm.
The fund will be available to farms in England, that have access to slurries or manures; and who wish to build AD plants producing up to 250k/W of power.
The scheme is split into two parts:
- The first part is a business plant grant up to £10,000 to investigate the environmental and economic potential of building an AD plant on the farm.
- The second part is a capital loan up to £400,000 (or a maximum of 50% of the project cost). This is available for AD plants producing up to 250kW of power.
E & J Solutions can help you apply for the funding and deliver the feasibility study under the business plan grant with a view to applying for the capital loan under section 2. For more information, contact John on 01568 708925